Head of Marketing (Strategic Partnerships)
Ascential Events has an exciting opening for a Head of Marketing to join the Strategic Partnerships team.
We are looking for an experienced marketing strategist to create custom solutions across our largest partnerships. Amazing client engagement skills required, ideally must have worked in a client facing role prior.
The Strategic Partnerships team develop bespoke multi-channel strategies for corporate and government clients, implementing global communication programmes throughout the year across our market leading event platforms.
- MARKETING STRATEGY: Identify high value opportunities, assess current and potential partnerships, and create and implement marketing initiatives with maximise reach and impact.
- CAMPAIGN DEVELOPMENT: Take and translate client marketing requirements, developing them into executable plans whilst working within the constraints of event campaigns that already exist.
- LEADERSHIP: Energetically lead a high performing team on successful delivery of inspirational marketing campaigns that generate engagement and drive action.
- DELIVERY RESPONSIBILITIY: Overseeing and responsible for all activity that is rolled out across the owned plan, to hit agreed pre-show, onsite, and post-show metrics.
- DRIVING CHANGE: Identify efficiencies in delivery, implementing new strategies and tactics that generate higher ROI, upsell potential, save budget, and produce more effective results.
- IDENTIFYING RISK: Spot potential issues in advance that will occur in delivery and provide options for solutions, communicate risk, and implement mitigation plan.
- SALES SUPPORT: Supporting sales teams throughout the sales and proposal writing process.
- REPORTING: Play a lead role in current contract evaluations, reporting and evidencing back clearly on metrics, milestones, forecasts and deadlines.
- STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT: Management of key partners and stakeholders across multiple projects, building upon current contacts base and uncovering new opportunities.
- Experience creating and delivering marketing plans at market, segment and key customer-level, demonstrably driving commercial results.
- Ability to take and translate client marketing requirements and turn it into executable strategies, working within the constraints of show campaigns that are already in place.
- Strong track record of hitting marketing objectives for clients with ability to provide strong metric based supporting evidence.
- Excellent client engagement skills – ideally must have worked in a client facing role before.
- Strong (and previous experience necessary) of line managing a successful team.
- Experience working with and supporting sales teams through the sales and proposal writing process, aligning sales and marketing activity including goal sharing, joined up planning, and lead management.
- Practiced in managing and implementing all aspects of the promotional mix.
- Experience of developing customer insight and improving customer experience.
- Experience of most aspects of digital marketing, including eCRM, email & mobile, social media, website management, Ux, search and online advertising.
- Knowledgeable about Ascential Events market sectors.
- Experience of working within the events industry or Ascential key market sectors desirable.
- Master Degree in business or marketing desirable.