Freelance Site Engineer - Derby
My client, a reputable medium sized contractor specialising in Retail & Industrial projects are looking to appoint an experienced Site Engineer with earthworks experience to assist with the successful delivery of their latest new-build scheme.
The contract length will be 6 months initially, with the potential for follow-on work thereafter.
As the Site Engineer, you will be responsible for;
- Calculating volumes for muck shift
- Setting Out for access roads, drainage, foundations & holding down bolts etc.
- Maintaining line & level control
- Measurements & Calculations
- Interpretation of technical drawings
- Providing technical assistance to the project team where required
- Coordinating the technical aspects of package handovers
- QA where required
- Supervision of sub-contractors
Skills & Experience
Ideally you will be qualified to HNC level or above in an engineering or construction related subject, supported by 3+ year's practical experience in the role of Site Engineer.
Any experience with management of sub-contractors and setting out of steel frame foundations, HD bolts and RC floor slabs will be advantageous.
In return, we're offering 26 weeks' work as part of an interesting project.
- CSCS Card
- Experienced with the use of Volumetric software
- Provision of own Total Station will be adventageous
This job was originally posted as www.careerstructure.com/job/77618087