Tier One automotive precision components manufacturer.
My client is a world class specialist manufacturer of highly engineered components and assemblies requiring the tightest dimensional tolerances for a range of demanding automotive and specialist engineering applications.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a process engineer who will be closely involved in the planning, management, on-going co-ordination and control of the manufacturing process.
Duties & Tasks:
• set and program a range of CNC machines including Turning Centres and Lathes
• Experience with grinding machines would also be an advantage
• Experience of Miyano, Eguro, Citizen and Okuma machines an advantage
• Experience of working in metal cutting/ engineering and with close tolerances
• Have a good understanding of CNC programs especially Siemens and Fanuc.
• Have a working knowledge of robots
• Be able to train other staff members.
• Be active in process, efficiencies and quality improvement suggestions.
• Achieve OEE targets
• Achieve 5S targets
• Achieves targets for TPM
A problem-solving logical thinker, with the capability to look at a problem from various angles and come up with a practical, cost-effective solution. You will need good negotiating and motivational skills, as well as fine attention to detail.
• Minimum of HNC / HND
• You have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship with a minimum of 5 years of machining experience or relevant experience in the automotive / Aerospace / precision machining industries is required for this role.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• A sound understanding of modern lean manufacturing processes and disciplines.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is a must.
• Experience of working in lean environment in a manufacturing environment.
• Fully trained and conversant with SPC methodology.
Salary - £25,000 to £32,000 dependant on experience
Hours - Days
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77610339