Support Engineer - Hosting
Claranet is a dynamic company in the corporate IT sector that is growing both organically and through acquisition. Claranet?s strategy is to build long-term, trusted relationships with its customers by delivering market-leading, integrated managed services.
Incident Management forms part of the Customer Services department, responsible for delivering technical support to UK business customers.
The team is the primary contact for Claranet UK customers and they?re exposed to a range of services and technologies including connectivity circuits, MPLS, load balancers, Cisco routers, Juniper Firewalls, hosting technologies (Windows/Linux/VMware) and telephony.
- Deal with all requests for product and service support from both external and internal customers.
- Have specialist skill set to technically support customers spanning Claranet?s service catalogue.
- Work in an ITIL aligned environment.
- Proactive management of customer solutions.
- Identification of changes with customers to improve or maintain service.
- Ability to work autonomously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the highest levels of service are delivered to Claranet?s customers.
- Primary point of escalation for Service Desk teams.
- Providing telephone and ticketing based customer support.
- Assess the impact and urgency of tickets and gather the appropriate information for the type of request.
- Responsible for the resolution of customer issues, ensuring that customers are updated within agreed SLA?s and that all issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain accurate records of activity taken throughout the lifecycle of a ticket.
- Management of escalation through other teams ensuring high quality of feedback and service to customers at all times.
- Liaising with third party suppliers to ensure that faults are resolved within the correct time frames according to the product service level agreements in place.
- Working closely with Service Management team to maintain excellent service.
- Continued development of the knowledge base.
- Escalation Management for 3rd party Vendors / Suppliers.
- Root cause analysis and investigation for incident and problem management.
- Develop a good understanding and technical expertise across Claranet?s entire product catalogue.
- Resource for project work.
- Support the Team Manager towards continued improvement of team process and customer experience.
A thorough understanding of the following:
- OSI Model
- DNS and Domain Names
- Relevant Microsoft technical qualification
Experience supporting the following in a managed services environment:
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008-2012)
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Linux Server (Redhat, CentOS)
- VMWare environments
- Anti-Virus and Web Security services
- Load Balancing
- Proven experience working in a customer facing technical role, in an ITIL environment.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to translate technical language into user friendly information.
- Good understanding of Claranet?s products and services.
- Leadership skills.
- Decision maker, able to act decisively under pressure.
- Highly motivated, pragmatic and energetic team player.
- Positive, determined and driven, with a can-do attitude.
- Good understanding of IT Service Management.
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment in terms of volume and intensity of activity.
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Relevant VMWare technical qualification
- Relevant Linux technical qualification
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959538240