Scala Developer - 12 month contract, Investment Bank
I'm currently looking for an experienced functional developer for a Tier 1 Investment Bank.
We use Scala as our main tech within this department and we are happy for people to learn Scala, however we do need someone with a strong background in functional development likeJava 8.
The successful candidate will form part of a global team working with colleagues in Hong Kong, Shanghai, London and New York.
The role will focus on a broad range of deliveries across trader and firm market risk and sales trading interaction as project priorities dictate. Strong technical skills and an interest in understanding how technology benefits the business is key.
- Commercial experience with a functional programming language, ideally Scala, however experience with Java 8 is very transferable
- Track record of delivery in technically challenging projects
- Strong communication skills with the ability to derive requirements and express them effectively
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience working within a derivatives business environment is beneficial
The Foreign Exchange (FX) and Emerging Markets Practice Area within Technology and Data provides the pricing, trade capture and risk management systems for the FX business.
The FX market is both diverse and highly liquid with trading volumes greater than $5 trillion/day. Systems must cater for 24hr, highly liquid, ultra-low latency e-trading through to complex exotic transactions taking days to negotiate.
The FX Options team is renovating its sales and trading platform, building out a new system.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77616981