Service Delivery Manager
Service Delivery Manager required for Salmon based in the Watford office. We are looking for an individual with proven experience in service delivery for a high profile customer’s web site. The candidate should have a good technical understanding of web platforms and good grounding on how customers use our solutions to drive revenues and profits. This role is a combination of support management and team leadership, including liaison with internal technical teams and third parties.
You should be able to deal confidently with customers, manage and motivate a team of web engineers, plan workloads & priorities, interact with 3rd parties, analyse / plan workload, deal with hosting providers and help manage software releases & deployments. Additionally you will be required to work within the support processes (reporting, SLA’s, incident & problem management etc).
A flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to cover periods of on-call support is required for this role.
- Co-ordinate & facilitate the contracted eCommerce service to one or more customers
- Ensure that escalations and communications are managed in line with documented contract standards
- Develop and maintain good customer relationships with the support of the Account Manager.
- To be primary point of contact for the customer and ensure that the contracted scope of service is delivered to contracted SLA’s and that levels of customers satisfaction remain high
- Ensure all agreed SLAs are met for incidents & service requests
- Develop and maintain a productive and close working relationship with relevant Account Executives
- Build appropriate working relationships with any third party’s involved in the delivery of in scope production services to the customer
- Produce weekly and monthly service reports for customers against the agreed targets, SLA's, KPI's, to agreed deadlines together with analysis and interpretation of service trends and recommendations to enable service improvements and cost saving opportunities
- Conduct regular service reviews on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Liaise with customers to agree problem priorities and delivery
- Ensure changes, releases, patches or upgrades to customer production environments are managed effectively and in a timely manner through the change & release management process
- Ensure any interruptions to the live service are resolved quickly and that the underlying problem is identified and removed using Problem and Change Management processes
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis for all Severity 1 incidents, identifying & recommending opportunities for service improvement using Continuous Sustainable Improvement Plan (CSIP)
- Ensure Support Activities managed within contracted Support Budget
- Work with support and development teams to ensure problem fixes are planned into releases and delivered
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things. A team player who is proud of your work and wants to share with everyone! You like working in a fast paced environment and are driven by the desire to improve the online purchasing experience for everyone, no matter what they are buying and from where!
You will be client focused and be willing to be flexible when required to make them happy, including working at client locations.
The techy bit….we need you to be really great at:
- At least three years’ experience in a Support function
- Extremely results driven, will always go the extra mile to deliver expected result
- Working knowledge of ITIL v3 processes framework specifically Incident, Problem and Request Fulfillment
- Financially aware and able to contribute to the effective running of the account.
- Clear & concise communication skills – both written and oral
- Proven track record in building and maintaining strong relationships with customers including working from customer sites when required
- Strong leadership skills with proven track record of managing, developing and leading multi-disciplined teams
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Experience of providing out of hours support for high severity incidents
- Exposure to “follow the sun” support models
If you know some of this even better!
- Linux, Unix, Windows operating systems
- Hosted environments
Salmon is an award-winning global digital ecommerce consultancy with operations in London, Amsterdam, Beijing, Melbourne and New Delhi. We’re part of the global WPP group and Wunderman Commerce.
Our aim is to define, design and deliver dynamic, high performance, state-of-the-art ecommerce sites for the world’s leading brands. We work for some of the best…Audi UK, Argos, Sainsburys’, Selfridges, Ted Baker and many more.
Our Salmon DNA is what pulls us all together. We want to make our client happy. Our reputation is based on having the best people in the business, who are honest and straight talking and really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about the innovative approach we take in everything we do and we are proud of what our teams achieve. We show respect for all and trust and empower our people and we won’t settle for second best!
As our business grows, so we need to find new people who share our values, work ethic and DNA. We especially want to encourage more Women to join us and take a key role in shaping and moulding some of the best ecommerce sites in the world.
Want to find out more about Salmon and our clients?
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77631150