S7 Senior Systems Engineer
Summary of main purpose of the job:
The design, implementation and commissioning of S7 based Control Systems and related software engineering activities for a variety of industrial control system applications predominantly in the Nuclear industry. The candidate should have proven experience in S7 Systems, ideally supported by Siemens certification/training. This role is based at our office in Stone, Staffordshire, but there may be some periods of working at our customer's sites in the UK currently.
* Development of control system design and options from customer requirements
* Provide design input to development of system wide generics
* S7 programming of control systems (within TIA Portal) from given designs
* Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures)
* Working within project team to customer deadlines
* Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
Candidates should possess the following personal qualities:
* Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative
* Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
* Have good communication skills
* Be flexible in working methods
Our client is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Energy & Infrastructure and Transmission & Distribution markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* In depth knowledge of S7 system design (TIA Portal & S7-1500 PLCs)
* Knowledge of Profibus DP/Profinet networks
* Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
* Must have significant experience of working in the Nuclear Industry
* Must be SC cleared
* Minimum 5 years' experience to fulfil requirements of this post.
* Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
* Willingness to travel and work away when required
* Driving licence
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* IEC61131 PLC Coding Standards.
* IEC61508 Safety Systems
* Integration of the Multi-PLC systems
* Commissioning experience with S7 systems
* Experience of working in the Power Generation Industry.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77609149