Operational Control Manager
Operational Control Manager
As a Barclays Operational Control Manager, you will lead the definition and creation of our operational controls and policy, that will allow our consumer lending business to achieve its business quality goals and manage customer risk. You will be instrumental in developing and operating product related governance to ensure performance indicators, decision making and oversight is compliant, robust, actionable, clearly understood by colleagues and fully embedded in the strategy.
Consumer Lending is the business area responsible for the end-to-end product management, development and commercial performance of unsecured personal loan products in the UK. Our flagship product, Barclayloan, currently holds balances in excess of £5bn across 700,000 existing customers. We are a highly digitised business who put customer interactions at the forefront of everything we do. Come and join us!
As an Operational Control Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Ownership of consumer lending colleague compliance with all required internal control standards, in addition to ownership of risk management processes across consumer lending
* Simplifying and supporting the transformation of our business via risk review and detailed analysis of complex products and performance
* Owning and facilitating completion of the frameworks to ensure tools are completed correctly and frameworks operate effectively
* Sourcing, developing and retaining a motivated, high performing team, who are committed to achieving success
As an Operational Control Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
* A comprehensive knowledge of the key business drivers and risk indicators of a consumer lending business
* Detailed Knowledge of Group structures and interfaces
* Extensive knowledge of financial services regulatory framework
* Extensive knowledge of risk management and corporate governance
* Expertise of audit or operational risk
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.