Component Cost Engineer - 34267 - up to 2206/hr - P3O
A Component Cost Engineer is required. The role involves working as part of a small team that review and benchmark all outsource component D&D activity to ensure value for money.
The role involves the following:
- Conduct complete analysis - in line with departmental processes of component D&D activities
- Lead / support engineering discussions on component D&D requirements with internal Engineers
- Lead / support cost discussions with Tier 1 JLR component suppliers
- Deliver all required administration, task management and planning.
- You may be required to travel within and outside of the UK
3 KEY SKILLS
Good communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility, self-motivated and possess a passion for the industry and the roleCost analysis / management experienceAn intermediate knowledge level in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working with / for Tier 1 automotive suppliers
- Knowledge of automotive component design
- Previous experience of working in a team environment yet able to deliver excellent results with complete autonomy.
- Experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Good organisational & prioritisation skills
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959523739