Java Software Engineer
Java Software Engineer
The Space Division is recruiting for enthusiastic Java Software Engineers to join the Satellite Ground Systems team in Bristol.
Working within our Space Division is both challenging and rewarding. We are looking for applicants who thrive in a dynamic environment and want to develop their career and help to shape the future of the Division.
You will be involved in exciting projects from observing the Earth's weather systems to spacecraft missions, including monitoring and control, planning, automation, operations data preparation, archives and big data analysis. We are also developing an exciting new product to facilitate the trend of operating mega-constellations.
As Software Engineer you will be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle and will be responsible for implementation of software components using Java and support for current systems software. You may also have the opportunity to visit the customer site to assist with testing and provide support or training.
* A software engineering background with development experience in Java.
* An understanding and appreciation of good software development practices, including the use of source code management systems and project standards/guidelines.
* The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
* It is expected that the role will include customer interaction, so the successful candidate will be fluent in English and confident in their role in representing the company.
* Programming within an eclipse environment using Java
* Linux systems
* Software design and UML
* Knowledge of programming in C/C++
* Requirements engineering
* Understanding of verification and validation
* Knowledge of spacecraft planning systems would be useful but is not an essential requirement
* Knowledge of HLA will be an advantage
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Security Clearance desirable
* Willing to travel to customer sites
Base office - Bristol
Join us and be part of a team that wants to be the difference.
The company offers a comprehensive range of benefits including pension, life assurance and private healthcare.
To continue your application, please click 'Apply' below and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77611968