Desktop Support Technician Apprentice
Warwick School has a very long and rich history stretching back reputedly to 1914, making it one of the oldest schools in the country.
Warwick School is a leading independent day and boarding school for boys aged 7-18, set in 50 acres, adjacent to the River Avon, within Warwick town. The school is proud of its outstanding facilities and the new Warwick Hall is one of the largest and most impressive performance venues in the region.
We aim to develop responsible, resilient and compassionate young men of character, equipped to succeed in a changing world.
High academic expectations and achievements, together with outstanding pastoral care and exceptional co-curricular provision make Warwick School a wonderful place to be educated.
We are currently seeking an ambitious, energetic and self-motivated individual with a keen interest in IT, to work for our prestigious school in Warwick.
Are you eager to take you technology knowledge and skills to the next level? Then apply now.
You'll begin a 13-15 month Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship, consisting of training in small groups and work based assessment to work towards gaining a Apprenticeship Level 3 qualification.
- Be the first point of contact within the Service Desk for client telephone calls and walk ins
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for the network infrastructure
- Work closely with suppliers to manage delivery and implementation of hardware and software goods
- Support all users in the appropriate use of ICT
- Be able to work independently, to show initiative and manage your own time as well as working well in a team
- Detect, diagnose and resolve most PC. printer and peripheral device faults
- Perform basic troubleshooting and diagnosis for issues using technical resources and monitoring tools available
- A genuine enthusiasm for IT and keeping up to date with ICT development
- A positive, enthusiastic and motivated attitude to work
- Strong communication, organisation, and customer service skills
- Commitment to high standards and to the apprenticeship development programme
- Ambition, strong work ethic and open to new ideas
Minimum 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Working week, Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 5pm (1-hour lunch)
Why would you want to join Warwick School? Here are just a few potential advantages for the successful candidate;
- Onsite parking
- 30 days per annum plus 8 statutory holidays entitlement
- Free use of the gym (Monday to Friday 6am-6pm), and discounted rates at peak times
- Free swimming during member/lane sessions
- Discounted Sports Centre membership for partners
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525512