International Finance Manager
International Finance Manager - Permanent - up to £38k - West End
Your new company
Your new company are an international film sales agency they are responsible for bringing
approximately 2/3 films a year to the international market. They are a market leader and are continuously growing.
Your new role
The International Finance Manager plays a crucial part in controlling up to $20m-$30m of revenue per anum. The role's primary responsibility is ensuring that all revenues from the international business are efficiently managed and accounted for. Films are usually sold to overseas distributors for an up front lump sum payment (Minimum Guarantee). Further amounts may be earned depending on the performance of the film in the territory. These revenues are typically paid to an independent collection agent prior being paid to the financiers of the film and other parties with a financial interest. The IFM also acts as collection agent for certain films, deals with international tax documentation and coordinates reporting for performance of the company.
1. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL REVENUES
- Accounting for all transactions (debtors, deferred income, sales, cost of sales, amortisation of film costs), with particular emphasis on ensuring correct allocation to individual films
- Cashflow forecasting
- Preparing and distributing international tax paperwork as necessary, including liaison with the relevant
- Ensuring that rechargeable sales expenses incurred by the company are within limits agreed, and efficiently reported and recovered
- Bank reconciliations
2. LICENCE AGREEMENT MANAGEMENT
- Prepare invoices to international distributors for Minimum Guarantee (MG) payments
- International credit control
- Liaise with international distributors to ensure film performance reports are supplied regularly
- Review of statements from international distributors and invoicing for any further amounts due
- Assist with maintenance of the the company
3. COLLECTION AGENT ACTIVITIES
- Preparing collection statements for a small number of films where the company
acts as the collection agent.
- Making necessary payments to financiers and others with a financial interest in these films
4. FRENCH DISTRIBUTION STATEMENTS
- Preparing statements for external third parties detailing performance of titles in France (which are distributed by the company
- Review of expenses charged by the company
5. ANCILLARY BUSINESS
- Issue invoices for servicing materials ordered by distributors, chase for payment and instruct Technical
6. ANNUAL BUDGET/FORECASTING
- Prepare annual budget, and monthly re forecast throughout the year.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a part-qualified accountant who is resilient and determined to establish themselves in an autonomous role.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a generous salary of up to £38k and get to work for one of the market leaders in film production.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77618594