C++ Software Engineers
C++ SOFTWARE ENGINEERS
Location: Bristol or Chippenham
The company is a leading developer of IT services. We develop robust, real-world application solutions and provide supporting services that create real business benefit.
The company has delivered solutions and services in a range of markets including government, defence, marine, environment and space.
We have vacancies for experienced C++ Software Engineers to contribute to a number of exciting projects with our Enterprise Solutions and Defence Division. We are looking for enthusiastic developers who can work effectively in teams to deliver high quality software solutions. Successful candidates will be able to work to deadlines; have good communication skills; be flexible in moving between projects and in assimilating new technologies. From time to time you will be asked to work on customer sites throughout the UK, and you must be willing to undergo security clearances. You will be based in either our Bristol or Chippenham office.
* Degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or a scientific discipline
* Experienced C/C++ software engineer
* An understanding of software best practice
* Experience of working in a collaborative team environment
* Strong communication skills
Desirable skills - any knowledge or experience of the following:
* Object Oriented Design
* UX design/development
* QT Toolset
* Mobile Development (iOS, Android)
* Agile development practices
* Test Driven Development
* Continuous Integration
* Unified Modelling Language (UML)
* Maven/Ivy, Ant, Subversion
* Embedded systems or an understanding of computers at the hardware level
* Experience of Agile/Scrum
Any other information e.g. dual location, special security clearance, foreign languages:
* Willing to work on customer site
* Willing to work on defence projects
* Must be eligible to work in the UK
* Must either have SC clearance or be able to obtain it
To continue your application, please click 'Apply' below and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77611825