UX Researcher/Designer – Swindon
Salary £35,000 - £45,000
Our client is seeking a UX Researcher for the Business Change team to provide operational support across the business for all IT applications and services. The ideal candidate will have a passion for user centred research, designing and promoting a culture of positive customer service.
Working closely with IT and the respective functional areas, the business change team delivers the change portfolio across the business.Essentially the job involves:
- Driving the UX process and its implementation in a complex matrix organisation
- Work to generate the feedback and insight to build a clear picture of the service users and deliver solutions that they need.
- Support product owners by generating new and useful user insights and translating it into features and actions that will allow them to iteratively improve their service for users.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of our digital services
- Leading the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test, analysis and report writing
- Conducting in-house research (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)
- Working with Managers to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material
- Working closely with developers to turn test data into actionable user stories
- Designing, scripting and analysing ad-hoc quantitative surveys
- Managing ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
- Applying knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
- Managing day-to-day operations with a range of usability and market research agencies with accountability for schedules, value for money and deliverables
- Promoting user-centred design principles and best practice within the company
- Maintain expertise with Government Digital Service design patterns and standards and keep regular contact with key stakeholders in government to build good working relationships
- Deliver ad-hoc project work as directed by senior management
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77580921