Wholesale Garment Technologist
My client are a fast fashion retailer who are looking to add an experienced garment technologist to their team within wholesale.
Wholesale Garment Technologist – The role
- Conducting fit session’s in-house making commercial decisions with confidence; owning the fitting process and inspiring trust and confidence from colleagues and suppliers.
- Working regularly with suppliers to improve areas of weakness, by reviewing quality, offering guidance & training.
- Analysing technical issues accurately and sending clear, concise and accurate comments to suppliers; processing samples in a timely and agile manner line with KPIs
- Liaising with Wholesale Buyer & suppliers to offer technical guidance on new product development with the aim of reducing costs & improving quality
- Managing the critical path and high-lighting potential issues in a timely way
- Organising and prioritising workload, adjusting to the changing needs of the business
- Ensuring compliance with fibre composition labelling regulations, product safety & REACH legislation; assessing risk, managing relevant testing; recording & resolving non-compliance effectively and efficiently
- Contributing to initiatives to reduce customer returns: analysing data & implementing solutions.
- Promoting quality at all times, whilst maintaining a strong commercial attitude.
- Delivering continuous improvement and creative solutions.
- Managing sample receipt into the department.
Wholesale Garment Technologist - The Candidate
- A technically-oriented qualification, preferably at degree level, is essential, as is a minimum of 2-4 years' experience of a similar role in a fast-paced environment.
- Multi-product experience; able to move between product areas with assurance.
- Experience of working directly with factories, and thorough understanding of factory production, including pattern cutting, work-flow, production control, machinery and equipment.
- Experience of working directly with both off-shore and UK factories is desirable.
- Understanding of fitting and fit issues; working knowledge of grading and grade rules.
- Understanding of fabrics, including testing.
- Experience of the AQL and QC functions is desirable.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to both prioritise tasks and change direction with agility as the situation requires.
- Ability to excel under pressure and cope with tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate at all levels promoting a positive and professional can do attitude at all times.
- Demonstrates strong eye for detail, methodical approach and data accuracy.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, as the role requires.
- Highly analytical and fully conversant with Outlook, Excel and Word, and willing to learn new applications as the role demands
Please apply with your updated CV to
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77601163