The design and implementation of PLC Control Systems and related software / hardware engineering activities for a variety of industrial control system applications. The candidate should have proven experience in mainstream PLC Systems e.g. Schneider, Rockwell (AB), Siemens and Omniflex or similar. This role is based at our office in Stone, Staffs, but there will be some periods of working away at client sites in the UK.
* Development of PLC system design and options from customer requirements
* Provide design input to development of system wide generics
* PLC programming of control systems from given designs (especially Schneider Systems)
* Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures)
* Working within project team to customer deadlines
* Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
* Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative
* Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
* Used to working within a Quality Management System with the associated level of detail/accuracy
* Have good communication skills
* Be flexible in working methods
Our client is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
* Minimum 3 years' experience expectation to fulfil requirements of this post.
* Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
* Knowledge of PLC system design lifecycle
* Previous Commissioning experience.
* Willingness to travel and work away when required
* Must be able to attain UK Security Clearance
* Driving licence
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* IEC61131 PLC Coding Standards.
* Supervision / Mentoring skills (advantageous but not essential)
* Network architecture design
* Experience of working in the Nuclear Industry.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77609257