Permanent Nursery Nurse (Leamington Spa)
The Qualified Early Years Educator has a duty of care for all children placed in their care to safeguard and promote the child's welfare. You will be expected to work as part of a team to ensure the legal and curriculum requirements are met in line with the policies and procedures.
Good communication skills are imperative, this involves listening, questioning, and understanding and responding to what is being communicated by children, young people and those caring for them. You will work as part of a multi- agency team and will be expected to have a clear understanding of your role and the role of other professionals. You will share information with other professionals in a timely manner and work together for the safety and well-being of the child.
A good knowledge of child development is essential to ensure that all the children's individual needs are fully met. As a QEYE you will be responsible for the planning of the activities in your room to create and develop a stimulating environment in order to provide a high level of quality childcare whilst maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff. This involves working closely with their line manager in order to meet the curriculum requirements and with the parents to ensure the children's needs are met, in particular during transitions.
- Carryout planning and prioritising of all activities and progress in the room in order to create and develop a stimulating environment. ?
- Ensure a full awareness of their responsibilities in line with all company policies and procedures and legislative requirements. ?
- Deliver a high level of quality childcare whilst maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff. ?
- Contribute and are involved in the day to day running of the room. ?
- Communicate with their line Manager regarding the activities and progress within the room. ?
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development. ?
- Reflect upon their practice to ensure a continuous high level of quality childcare. ?
- Attend and participate in staff meetings. ?
- Be assigned as key person for a designated number of children to ensure that all their basic and developmental needs are met. ?
- Contribute to the monitoring of the standards within the nursery to maximise the very highest level of childcare. ?
- Active involvement in marketing activities. ?
- Be responsible for ensuring that their key children are safe and secure. ?
- Build effective relationships with the parents of their key children. ?
- To take sufficient care of all visitors, staff and parents in order to comply with legal requirements. ?
- Undertake other duties within the scope of the post as may be requested by your line manager.
To apply, please follow the on screen instructions immediately. Please don't delay, apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77611828