Junior Front end Developer
Position: Junior Front end Developer
Our client is an award winning media and events company. They are one of the leading players in the industry, and run some of the most iconic and successful events and magazines in the UK, Shanghai and South Africa. These include popular consumer shows such as; Grand Designs Live and the Ideal Home Show and some of the most recognised trade shows in architecture & design, including 100% Design and Clerkenwell Design Week. Their magazine portfolio includes consumer titles such as Grand Designs, Good Homes and Gurgle and trade titles such as icon, onoffice and Clerkenwell post.
As a fun and creative company, with great people and great ideas, our client are passionate about delivering the very best results in everything they do. They’ve won over 55 industry awards in the last 13 years and are continuing to grow, taking over/launching more magazines and events each year.
As a Junior front-end web developer your primary role will be assisting the Web Manager to develop, deploy and maintain websites for both current and future Media 10 products while helping push the department forward as a whole.
The ideal candidate must be proactive, inquisitive – a problem solver with good communication skills and self-motived to learn new technologies and techniques within a ever-growing fast paced company.
What you are good at
• 1 years’ experience or equivalent graduate qualification
• Knowledge in creating fast loading, responsive online experiences
• Experience with cross-browser compatibility & testing
• A meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to code with accessibility and SEO in mind
• Experience using back-end languages: PHP (Desirable)
• Experience working with CMS i.e Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal (Desirable)
• Experience with common front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap (Desirable)
What we will do for you
• Make you feel like part of a family
• Know your name – you’re not just a number here
• Encourage you to develop your skills, strengths and career
• Recognise your contribution and hard work
• You will get to work on the best brands in the industry
• Make sure you’re never bored
• Love our company parties
• Make sure you have fun – because we do have fun
Please apply with your CV & Examples
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77600687