Electrical Test and Inspection Engineer
Role - Electrical Test and Inspection Engineer (Night shifts)
Location - West Bromich (West Midlands)
Salary - £28,000
Additional Information -
* 40 hours per week
* Shift Pattern: Out of hours Monday to Thursday (10 hour night shifts)
* Shift allowance will be paid
* 25 days annual leave
This role involves the inspection and testing of large industrial commercial and office properties undertaking testing of Distribution Boards through to final circuits including PPM and RCD testing. You will ensure that a professional service is delivered in a safe and timely manner. In the main this will be achieved out of working hours but there may be occasions when there is a requirement to work in normal hours dependent on the type of installation and client access.
* To carry out Periodic Inspections of clients commercial electrical installations in accordance with the current edition of BS7671
* To produce an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) which meet the requirements and quality standards of clients and external accrediting bodies (e.g. NICEIC, IEE)
* To carry out other electrical tests and inspections and produce the appropriate industry recognised reports (e.g.
* Emergency Light testing, Fixed Appliance testing)
* To carry out electrical rectification / remedial repairs and produce the appropriate documentation in accordance with the current edition of BS7671
* To adhere to Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures at all times
* To act with integrity and professionalism in all communications with clients and colleagues
* To keep abreast of changes and amendments of standards, regulations and best practice within the electrical industry
* To gain Appointed Person (electrical) status
* Candidates must hold relevant industry qualifications - city & guilds (electrical installation 2360) parts 1 and 2, 17th edition institute of electrical engineers (i.e.e) registration and City & Guilds 2391/2394/2395 testing and inspection.
* Testing and inspection experience of commercial premises
* Can demonstrate experience of leading a program of electrical testing to 2931
* Qualified to with proven experience of undertaking remedial works to 17th edition wiring regulation standards
* The ability to evaluate risk assessments & method statements
* Customer facing
* Full Driving licence
* Can work as part of a small team and using own initiative
* Must be able to work unsociable hours as this work will be predominantly undertaken outside of normal working hours until the testing program is complete.
Please apply to Michala Tomkinson at Rullion
Rullion is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77600490