2/3RD LINE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
My client is a leading organisation who strive to make a difference are offering this fantastic opportunity to a senior 2nd Line Support Technician who has stretched slightly into 3rd Line. This role will involve supporting the existing infrastructure including server, storage, network, data and applications as well as project based work to improve and enhance the infrastructure environment.
* Handle escalated calls from 1st /2nd line support personnel.
* Manage and maintain corporate infrastructure. This includes the management of Windows & Linux servers, Active directory, event logs, patching and backups.
* Research, recommend, project manage and implement infrastructure projects.
* Support Cisco Network Equipment, Switches, Routers and Wireless hardware.
* Monitor and troubleshoot server and network performance to ensure services are available and address any action needed.
* Administer and manage backup and disaster recovery systems and processes.
* To produce and ensure high quality product and documentation at all times for the on-going support handover to the Information Systems Team.
* To ensure the security, confidentiality and integrity of the PC, Server and application facilities of the company.
* Together with the Head of Information Systems, identify IT training needs within the business, and partake in training delivery to staff.
* Mentor and aid the development of junior team members.
* An established 2nd/3rd line support background.
* Ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve problems.
* Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Hold a UK driver's license and have a car.
* Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2, and Windows 7 / 10
* Windows Hyper-V and Citrix Xenserver in an enterprise environment.
* Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 / 2013
* Backup systems (preferably Veeam)
* Administering Mobile Device Management system (MDM).
If you are looking to develop your career and have experience in the above then please send across your updated CV as soon as possible. My client is looking to interview as early as next week.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959525296