Principle Design Engineer Rail E&P
Principle/ Senior Design Engineer Rail - E&P
The business requires a high calibre Senior Design Engineer - E&P who has a proven track record in the control and delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary Rail schemes throughout the UK.
- UK Railway experience with an in-depth knowledge of Network Rail's Grip Processes and Procedures
- Major project management experience on Electrification projects
- Demonstrate considerable experience to competent Designer, Checker and CRE level in DC traction renewals and LV Signalling power, Point heating, Junction lighting and DNO supplies
- Good understanding of the BS7671
- Excellent Commercial and Programming skills
- Proven track record in complex change control
- Proven ability in team leading / management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build professional and long standing relationships with Clients and other Stakeholders
- Ideally Electrical or related Degree
- Ideally Chartered membership of appropriate professional institution
- Project Management qualifications (ideally IPMA Level C such as APM Practitioner) would be an advantage
You will provide project management leadership for the assigned project(s) ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging Rail schemes.
You will be responsible to lead and manage the delivery of all tasking's under the project to meet time, quality, budgetary and health and safety targets, managing all aspects of the client relationship so that delivery exceeds client expectations, taking a leadership role with the project team, providing both direction and technical advice.
Personal development is fundamental to the business and you will have the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of continued success.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Ensure all project elements are delivered safely, on time, to the appropriate quality and within budget.
- Providing sound and effective leadership to the team, providing direction and technical advice
- Developing and managing the Project Programme and obtaining the buy-in of all stakeholders
- Ensuring that effective financial and project management controls are in place and deployed to enable monitoring, modification and forecasting
- Continually looking to enhance productivity through improved processes, procedures and systems
- Managing the commercial aspects of the project (contract, invoicing, debt, client management)
- Managing the acquisition, deployment and management of resources for the project to ensure optimal resource allocation for the project
- Directing the assessment, selection and management of suppliers, sub-consultants and contractors associated with projects
- Driving project performance, service delivery and technical and commercial outcomes and undertaking reviews, ensuring client delivery is above expectation
- Ensuring risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project
Please note, this is a permanent position with excellent career prospects.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77601585