Applications Engineer - Telematics c£35K Midlands
We are looking for an Applications Engineer to deliver tailored telematics solutions to fleet customers in the UK.
In this position you’ll get to use your problem solving skills to create, design and deliver complete Telematics solutions to the fleet market and have the opportunity to add to the great reputation of the company.
Working as an Applications Engineer, you’ll spend a lot of time speaking to customers, either on the phone or at their sites establishing the exact technical specifications that the customer requires for their individual fleet requirements.
What you’ll be doing as a Telematics Applications Engineer
- You’ll be part of a project management team that ensures vehicle telematics installations are delivered to the correct specification at the right time
- As the Telematics Applications Engineer you’ll be providing expert technical assistance both pre and post sales at client sites
- You’ll be required to deliver technical presentations in a sales environment, using your technical know-how to reassure the customer that this is the right solution for their needs
- Whilst this is not a sales role, you will be working alongside the sales team to design and create customer specific solutions, so this is a customer facing role
- You’ll be interacting with the in-house engineering teams regarding the specifications and ensure that the correct hardware is developed with the relevant software solutions
- You’ll also be working with the customer services team to ensure that installations are carried out at the right time
Skills and experience required for Telematics Applications Engineer position:
- Experience with Telematics, Satellite Navigation, Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM), or Global Positioning System (GPS).
- Detailed Knowledge of Fleet Management Software including knowledge of ISO 15765 or ISO-TP (International standard for sending data packets over a Controller Area Network (CAN-Bus))
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are paramount
- Experience of delivering technical presentations
- Ideally with an Engineering Degree, but this is not essential
- As travel is required, you will need a clean UK driving licence to apply
Salary in the region of £30,000 - £35,000
- Pool car for business travel
- 25 days holiday
- Pension - 4% match contribution after 3 months
- Life Insurance - 4x basic salary
More about the Company
An award winning Telematics Company that offer comprehensive solutions that include - Vehicle tracking, logistic and route planning, dashboard and multi-camera systems, preventative maintenance, driver behaviour and post-crash data.
They boast an impressive list of house hold names in their client portfolio.
Currently it has around 280 UK staff and are set to continue their expansion, so this is an exciting time to join the team.
We have so much more to tell you about this company, why not give us a call.
Telematics Applications Engineer c£35K Midlands
Applications Engineer, Telematics, Engineer, Fleet management software, Satellite Navigation, GSM, GPS, automotive
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77582452