Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer
Senior Geo-environmental Engineer - Sheffield - £Negotiable
Our client are on the lookout for a Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer to join the team in their established and successful Sheffield team.
The successful Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer will have a proven track record in management and delivery of high quality consultancy services to high profile clients and excellent communication skills. The successful applicant will form an important part of the Sheffield office team and will play a key role supporting the Team Leader and Contaminated Land Service Manager in delivering and managing the workload of the team both locally and nationally.
In this role you will be expected to technically and financially manage and deliver projects from initial bid to issue of reports, focusing on the delivery of geo-environmental site investigations, land quality assessments, remediation and reclamation design, monitoring and validation. Excellent client care and communication with other internal teams is expected through strong project management.
As a Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer with our client key skills and experience should include:
- A strong geo-environmental background experience and skills including in depth understanding of the geo-environmental, land contamination and remediation aspects of development projects.
- Technical competency in contaminated land investigation and monitoring using a range of techniques.
- Experience completing factual and interpretative Preliminary Risk Assessments (desk based and intrusive assessment) and Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessments (DQRA).
- Some experience of managing large scale remediation/ regeneration projects would be preferable, but not essential.
- Sound understanding of current and emerging environmental legislation.
- Experience of delivering contaminated land aspects of development projects through the planning framework.
- Working knowledge of methodologies for quantitative risk assessment including GQRA and DQRA using CLEA, Remedial Targets methodology and/or CONSIM.
If this role sounds like it could be for you, please send through a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call Neil Ellerton of Penguin recruitment on 01792 365 100 for a discussion about this role.