DEVOPS ENGINEER - Nottingham - £40-60k
DEVOPS ENGINEER (LINUX/AWS)
Salary DOE £40-60k 25days+BH, flexible hours and working from home, training budget, parking, pension, social perks, childcare vouchers, office is dog friendly
Based in Nottingham
My client is a digital networking business established over 15 years ago. They currently work with clients in number of industries like health and beauty, retail, sport and more.
Due to the growth they are now seeking a senior DevOps Engineer to join their team and be responsible for AWS setup
Role - working in fast growing team of 4 (growing to 6 atm) developers and reporting directly to head of department you will be:
- Improving the scalability, performance and availability of critical AWS systems.
- Maintaining set up and ensuring server down time minimal.
- Setting up new infrastructure and improving the efficiency of current ones.
- Taking ownership of the set up, but also working with other team members to improve server and site performance performance.
- Produce clean, readable and well documented code
- Ensuring server and database uptime
- To improve server and database efficiency and to reduce costs by increased automation and configuration (Ansible)
- Producing documentation
- Working with the conversion team to reduce server load
- Working closely with the team to predict spikes in traffic and to be able to react accordingly
- Continuous improvement of the setup, server speed and agility
- Be on call for server issues
This is great opportunity to join fast growing organisation already well established in the market. Open office and casual dress code. This is creative environment where you are encouraged to share your ideas and improve products. You will be receive personal budget for books, conferences and training chosen. You will have opportunity to be flexible with working hours and after probation period work 2 days from home.
You can play with raspberry pi or have a pool game in the office.
If you have a dog?bring it in!
Company lunches like pizza Thursdays and Jacket potatoes Fridays and many other social events!
- Linux/Unix administration (Ubuntu/Amazon Linux)
- Docker and microsystems
- critical understanding of system/code interactions to highlight code leaks
- continuous integration
- continuous delivery process
- automation/configuration management (Ansible)
- Experience with NGINX is desirable.
Please do not apply if you are not eligible to work in the UK.
For immediate consideration and to hear more about this opportunity please apply below or forward your C.V ASAP to or call 0161 273 4746.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77576721