Design and development of products for the Defence market in two distinct areas: rugged intelligent displays for fighting vehicles and ground test equipment for testing aircraft radar and defensive aids. Both these areas rely on a variety of software designs involving Windows and Linux programs and embedded microcontroller firmware.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
To manage all software generation and maintenance requirements. Some of this may involve managing external contractors. The candidate must be familiar with:
- development and maintenance of interactive MMI's running on Windows and generally written in C, C++ or C#
- development and maintenance of image handling and display (not specifically image processing) of video data from cameras and video-over-IP sources running under Windows
- development and maintenance of C programs including some small-screen MMI's running under Linux on ARM processors
- configuration of Linux to run on small ARM-based platforms
- the development and maintenance of embedded firmware written in C running on Atmel and ARM processors
- the use of SVN for configuration control
- familiarity with static code analysis tools - such as Stylecop
Apart from good programming skills and a rigorous approach to testing the role requires the ability to deal with interfaces down to the hardware level.
In addition to the above, the following experience will be relevant and useful:
- experience of CANbus or MilCAN
- using LabView
- writing ad-hoc test programs
- Writing of test plans and reports to prove software functionality
Due to the nature of the business you will need to be born in the United Kingdom and be able to obtain British Security Clearance.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77587911