Lead UX Designer / Researcher - Exciting Government Project
- Work to GDS Design Principles.
- Enjoy a great benefits package including 33 days holiday (+bank holidays), a bonus and a pragmatic work from home policy.
- Lead a team of great UX’ers on a Fixed-term contract for two years.
What you’ll be doing
The current in-house and consultancy team have an MVP that’s just launched into public beta. Once you’ve joined you’ll identify any user problems that have arisen based on data from the beta launch and you’ll also be responsible for rolling out functionality outlined in the roadmap.
As a hands-on Lead, you’re going to be undertaking user research, stakeholder interviews and requirements gathering as part of a multidisciplinary team. You’re going to be leading a team that prototypes their ideas out for new features and then goes on to validate their thinking with real users.
It’s a complex, feature rich service so there’s a large amount of work to conceive, test and iterate on.
What experience you’ll need
- You’ll need extensive user experience design experience in a commercial setting
- You’ll have worked on projects that have followed a truly UCD approach
- You’ll have a breadth of experience across user research, running requirements gathering workshops, usability testing and interaction design skills
- Your stakeholder management skills will be top-notch
- As the team works to agile you’ll need an understanding of the methodology and see the benefit it brings to the UCD process.
- Experience of working to GDS
If you’re successful here you’ll have the chance to work on one of the most exciting projects in the South West. You’ll be leading a talented team and have 33 days holiday (+ bank holidays) as part of your package.
There’s a salary of up to £50k on offer here as part of a 2-year fixed term contract.
Please apply with an up to date CV and ideally a portfolio and I'll be in touch to talk through the details of the project.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77575050