Assistant Manager - Basingstoke (Agricultural Retail)
If you are looking for a chance to develop your career and have a keen interest in the agricultural and countryside marketplace, then this role is for you!
UKs largest rural retailer of goods and services to farmers and the general public, are seeking an Assistant Manager for their Country Store in Basingstoke. This progressive and diverse business with an annual turnover of over £400m and employing over 1,900 employees, seeks a skilled and experienced Retail Deputy Manager with a passion for the industry weather professional or personal, to oversee and be accountable for the future success of the Country Store.
The role: Key responsibilities:
- As the Assistant Manager you will support the Store Manager ensuring stores sales performance and gross profit targets
- You will manage and motivate the store teams
- As the Assistant Manager you will manage every aspect of the commercial, financial and operational running of the store
- Delivering the highest standards of customer service.
You will possess:
- Strong retail disciplines
- A passion for customer service
- Experience of leading a diverse team within an FMCG or comparable customer focused retail environment.
- Proven supervisory / management experience in a customer focused retail environment is essential.
- The confidence and ability to lead, motivate and inspire enthusiastic teams in providing sales support and customer service.
- Knowledge of the agricultural and countryside marketplace is an advantage
This company provides a comprehensive training and development programme for the right candidate. This includes a thorough induction to the Company and attending all internal courses such as Recruitment and Selection, Disciplinary skills and Improving Attendance. You will be required to undertake on-going product related training.
Other benefits include:
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Staff discount
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77509136