IT Support Analyst
The future of the UK's Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
We are on the lookout for a Release Manager to join our Technical Change Team in Nottingham. This is a great opportunity to work within a close knit team to get involved in diverse IT teams and solutions, working with an array of stakeholders to lead and deliver future key technologies and improvements for our business.
The ideal candidate will have a good IT understanding, keen to learn new skills within this field and is comfortable in challenging the 'status quo'. We are keen to see applications from individuals from a service desk/ help desk/ 1st line support operational role.
As our Release Manager you will:
- Manage the interdependencies of release implementations
- Incept, record, prioritise and analyse all releases to IS systems
- Facilitate design meetings when required
- Consider the logical grouping of CRs for input to the release management lifecycle
- Input into the process for scheduling test & development resource
- Manage the release test phase and back out procedures
- Co-ordinate technical staff during release implementation
- Identify risks & escalate where appropriate
- Manage relationships with third party and internal software suppliers
- Lead Supplier Review Meetings
- Establish; appropriate controls, release gates, documentation and management information to support the release process
- Co-ordination of IS project implementations, including; Tracking of core program activities, input into, and support of, activity milestone plans
- Communication of program activity status and development of management reporting information
- Support technical resource with delivery of program activities
- Manage of the Disaster Recovery test planning process
- Facilitate and manage the Service Acceptance processes
- Experience within a service desk/ help desk/ 1st line support operational role
- Previous experience in coordinating cross functional activities
- Demonstrable knowledge of process improvement
- ITIL qualified to foundation level is desirable
- Experience in change and release management disciplines would be advantageous
- Excellent planning and analytical skills
- Actively contribute to improve processes by analysing problems and recommending changes to prevent re-occurrence
- Ability to take the lead on areas of responsibility
- Ability to challenge where required
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Siemens Digital Grid is a leading global supplier of intelligent energy transmission and distribution solutions.
Sitting within Digital Grid, Managed Services is at the core of the development of global cloud based offerings for Utilities, Network Companies and End users. The wide portfolio of services range from smart metering, communications and billing, right the way through to data management and analytics. Our turnkey and grid control solutions form the core of Siemens' Digital Grid service offering.
Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959508417