Medical Information Specialist
Springer Healthcare is a leading global medical communications and education provider. Working in partnership with pharmaceutical companies and key opinion leaders, Springer Healthcare develop bespoke content delivered via multichannel solutions, providing the essential tools to support healthcare professionals in achieving the best possible outcomes for patients.
Medical Information Writer
inScience Communications (part of Springer Healthcare)
London or Chester
Excellent salary and Benefits package
inScience Communications is a medical communications agency with over 30 years of experience in the industry. We offer excellent opportunities for career progression with a focus on employee satisfaction and retention.
We’re looking for a talented Medical Writer who wishes to continue developing their career in the field of medical information.
With a strong editorial background from a medical communications background wishing to make the switch into medical information, or from a pharmaceutical/healthcare industry background looking to continue their career in medical information, you will be keen to take on this diverse role as part of our expanding operation in the UK, working with some of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity offering real variety on a day-to-day basis. Interaction with medical experts at the top of their field is a key part of this role and the successful candidate will take on the rewarding challenge of maintaining such external relationships. You will work with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and will be joining a supportive team who actively share ideas and work in partnership with our clients.
With continuing growth and plans for expansion, now is an excellent time to join the team and make a difference.
- Follow SOPs and processes for managing inquiries and developing response documents within the required timelines
- Become familiar with the system used for managing inquiries and all aspects of response document development and approval
- Complete product and therapy area training; become familiar with the SmPCs for the product(s) assigned to; keep up to date on therapy area and product knowledge
- Monitor email inbox for inquiries escalated to the Global team; monitor email inbox for inquiries to be handled as briefed by the client; manage workload of other members of the team (where applicable)
- Literature searches (PubMed; EMBASE)
- define the scope of the literature search
- identify appropriate keywords to narrow the search accordingly to address the inquiry topic
- critical evaluation of literature search results
- identify key references of relevance to the inquiry; where applicable, critically evaluate additional references cited within these key references
- Critically assess reference content to identify the key information and data of relevance to the inquiry
- Draft Global Response Documents de novo, update expired documents in line with style guide and template
- Degree in life science or equivalent experience
- Proven writing experience in a medical communications agency or the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven experience and confident in interacting with clients and medical experts, flexible and able to work as part of a team
- Proven organisation/time management skills and the ability to be proactive and use your initiative to get results
- Highly computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel