MOTOR INSURANCE CLAIMS ENGINEER - IN HOUSE
Sevenoaks based- Clark James Insurance Recruitment are working with a prestigious, leading and established Motor Insurance Claims business currently recruiting for 2 experienced Motor Claims Engineers dealing with claims validation and category of salvage.
The purpose is to ensure Insured vehicles, which are subject to a motor claim, are either correctly categorised as a total loss or repaired to their pre-accident condition by using the most appropriate repair method.
To control the cost of motor claims within the business objectives by agreeing fair costs with customers & repairers.
To provide a fast, fair & efficient service on authorising motor repairs or reaching settlement with insured’s on when settling claims as a total loss.
To identify fraudulent activity through investigative practice and liaison with claims colleagues.
You will be providing technical expertise to customers and the department
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of vehicle image estimating systems
- Experience of agreeing and negotiating damage repair costs
- Working knowledge and application of repair methods and times
- Detailed understanding of vehicle valuations and total loss negotiation methods
- Understanding and application of salvage categories and management
- An understanding of TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) and FCA requirements
- You will hopefully have some of the following qualifications- IMI, IAETA, ATA VDA
They are a dynamic and innovative company that offer excellent benefits and working environment.
This is a great opportunity for candidates looking for a new challenge in a company that offers security and long-term career prospects.
Generous salary and the opportunity to earn bonuses.