Robert Half Finance and Accounting are currently recruiting an Accounts Assistant for a public sector organisation based in central Swansea.
The successful candidate will be an organised individual who has excellent accounting knowledge with at least two years' work experience within an accounting team. This position will be reporting into the Finance Manager and is on a 12 month fixed-term contract, due to maternity leave. The position will be paying up to £11.00 per hour, dependant on experience.
- Preparing daily bank reconciliations, ensuring that all payments are allocated into the purchase ledger.
- Handling the monthly payroll.
- Organising all purchase ledger documents.
- Documenting authorised transactions onto the system.
- Handling petty cash, prepayments, accruals, credit card and fixed assets.
- Following up with payments due when required.
- Administer the petty cash, ensuring all payments are correctly recorded and calculated.
- Excellent knowledge and background in accounting, with three years' work experience.
- IT literate, including Microsoft Office, and most importantly Excel.
- Experience of working with high volumes of data.
- The ability to prioritise, multi task and cope with interruptions whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving.
- The ability to use your own initiative and work independently as well as part of a team.
- £11.00 per hour + holiday pay
If this role is of interest, please feel free to get in touch.
This role is for an immediate start.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement