Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
Up to £73,000 + amazing benefits inlcluding:
27 days holiday / flexible working / annual incentive scheme / award winning pension
Manchester city centre
At Co-op Digital, we're creating our very own digital revolution. By embracing the culture, practices and technologies of the digital age we're creating new products and services that are grounded in Co-op values of openness, member ownership, and community. We're agile, fast-moving, and innovative. And we build in response to real user needs.
We're looking to recruit a talented principal software engineer to support the growth of our unique business. You'll work closely with multi-disciplinary teams (product managers, delivery managers, business architects, engineers) to create digital services with the needs of our customers and members at their heart. We'll look to you lead on technical strategy, build high performing teams, mentor our engineers and foster a culture of continuous learning and innovation.
We have quite a few ongoing projects currently at different stages, from discovery to alpha, beta and live. Take a look at our blog for more information about some of the different services. You'll initially join a specific project, but there will be lots of opportunities to move around and keep things interesting. We have a community of engineers across digital and the wider Co-op, where we come together regularly to share knowledge and learn from each other.
We're flexible when it comes to your technology background. If you can bring us great people skills and a real passion for delivery and innovation, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and progress your career with a business that's putting digital at the heart of its strategy.
What you'll do:
- lead technical delivery for large/multiple teams or major projects
- provide architectural guidance and direction
- be accountable for ensuring services meet operational requirements (i.e. scalable, reliable, secure)
- ensure we're following best practices and adhering to our development standards
- line managing, coaching & mentoring engineers in our community of practice
- build services that make a difference to people's lives
What you'll bring:
- experience leading technical delivery in multi-disciplinary agile team environments
- significant experience with at least one object oriented programming language
- extensive experience with (and able to coach/mentor in) modern engineering practices like TDD, pair/mob programming and continuous delivery
- experience working across the full engineering stack
- the ability to adapt and learn new technologies
173 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And when you join the Co-op, you'll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a competitive salary, 27 days holiday (rising to 31 in line with service), an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and a pension with up to 10% employer contributions. We want to change the world all over again. Join us, and help to rebuild an iconic British brand.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from all people. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about our maternity and paternity schemes, as well as a wide range of other Co-op people policies.
You can find out more about what's going on right now in Co-op Digital and follow us on Twitter.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77554171