Java Web Developer
We have a vacancy for an experienced Java Web Developer for our client based in Bracknell.
Candidates need to be able to analyse and understand a large and complex existing codebase with a view to extending it for new requirements.
The Java Developer may be able to work from home a few days a week after a successful training period.
You will need an appreciation of what constitutes a useable and attractive modern web user interface design ethic.
Candidate will need to be a self-motivator and to be able to work from day to day without direct supervision.
Ideally if you need to have an understanding of the card payment industry, specifically ecommerce transaction processing. But this a desirbable.
Technical skills, in order of importance:
- Java 6 or later
- Apache Wicket 6 or later, preferably with the Jquery/Wicket library for Jquary Intergration
- Java Server Pages
- Jave SOAP Web services and their deployment on JEE Containers
- Hibernate Java Object Relational Mapping Library
- Apache Tomcat 7 and upwards
- MySQL 5+ / MariaDB
- Apache ANT, Subversion, Jenkins continuous build systems
- Java web technologies - Apache Struts, Spring
Candidates will be degree educated in a computer science or similar discipline to a high standard, and proven track record of success both academically and in a commercial environment.
Candidates should also have excellent communication skills in English and the ability to work in a team environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77575647