Project Control Engineer
Project Control Engineer
A Project Control Engineer is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Preston.
This is a 12-month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Project Control Engineer contract role
Reporting to the Project Lead the job holder will provide project management support, including but not limited to:
Support to the quarterly CSR process, ensuring the contracts are within relevant LCM guidelines and reporting and management of programmes. In addition to this they will have the opportunity to project manage some of the operational aspects of the contracts
Key Responsibility Areas
- Ensure the contracts are compliant with LCM
- Reflect status in LCMS
- Maintain project management plan
- Schedule and manage the relevant phase reviews / launches, liaising with the chair, assessors and plan owners to ensure a successful outcome
- Support IBR activity
- Support contract owner in the development of the monthly 21 packs, gathering, reviewing and challenging inputs from key stakeholders
- Ensure payment milestones are claimed in a timely manner and monitor / report progress against budget
- Hold a monthly business review with the CENTURION project control team to analyse spend and report issues that could impact contract performance
- Hold monthly risk reviews
- Help set up and support the monthly CENTURION Review
- Develop and maintain a CENTURION Master Schedule
- Work with stakeholders in core teams to understand progress on development programmes for CORE and National Products
- Provide updates to UK Customer
- Manage CAM submission to CSRs
- Challenge CAM returns
- Manage contractual risk position and ensure all risk freeze dates etc. are adhered to
- Complete detailed CSR commentary each quarter, clearly articulating any reasons for variance
- Liaising with Finance and Commercial to understand their inputs
- Review bought our commitment and spend
- Work with Procurement to ensure all bought out is captured on contract to remove ROM uncertainty
The role is based in Preston, Lancashire - commutable from Blackpool, Lancaster, Morecambe, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool and Leeds
If you are a Project Control Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Project opportunities please contact Kris Foston on or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a 'one-stop shop' to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77579813