Junior PHP Developer
You will have the opportunity to design and develop interactive user-facing features, data access layers and everything in between using object oriented principles. Our client works in a close, collaborative and agile manner and encourage everyone to get involved with all aspects of the development process giving some exposure to requirements analysis, data modelling and system design.
This role will suit a keen technologist with a passion for coding standards, elegance and usability and who relishes the chance to work on the latest technologies in test-driven development.
- Good communication skills, must be a team player, adaptable, flexible and be keen to work in an Agile manner.
- A relevant computer science degree or a minimum of 2 years of commercial experience in PHP/MySQL based web development.
- A good understanding of best practices for Object Oriented development.
- A keen interest in emerging technologies and some understanding of well known security vulnerabilities
- An ability to write, optimise and execute simple SQL queries to extract reports from large datasets.
- An understanding of HTML5/CSS3/JQuery technologies, W3C web standards and accessibility guidelines in UX.
- Some recent commercial experience of developing, maintaining and releasing custom PHP applications in live environments.
- General understanding of LAMP installations, with an ability to maintain configuration files, write simple bash scripts or install security patches
POSITION WITHIN SBS
Directly Responsible to: Development Manager
Specialist Relationship with: Technical Architect, Other developers, Professional Services
- Ability to identify and flag any development issues / concerns
- Regular status meetings
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and ability to work with other team members
- Capacity to thrive within a fast-paced environment
- Working with Business Analysts, Developers and Technical Architects to develop and build solutions, migrate existing product to new platforms and customise our product for client-specific needs.
- Troubleshoot code in real time to support business practices
- Ensure all code adheres to common practices within the organisation
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Meeting quality, timing and budget targets for each project
- Successful development and delivery of projects on time (as a team)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77577840