Operator Maintainer - Mechanical or Electrical
Permanent – Wakefield
Band 1 £32 - £38
Band 2 £40 - £48K
The plant operates a 4 on 4 off shift pattern a combination of both days and nights.
You must have - Apprenticeship in Engineering discipline or Recognised engineering qualification to HNC or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical disciplines.Our Client is a provider of metal packaging for beverages, foods and household products, and of aerospace and other technologies and services to commercial and governmental customers. We are currently looking to recruit a multi skilled engineer to complement the team in our canning department at our site in Wakefield. PURPOSE OF ROLEResponsible for utilising your electrical/mechanical skills to support the business in meeting its EHS, efficiency, production and costs targets. To focus on continuous improvement this role will encompass both reactive and preventative maintenance. This position reports into a shift manager.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION
·Apprenticeship in Engineering discipline or Recognised engineering qualification to HNC or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical disciplines.
- Engineering experience and fault diagnostic role gained within FMCG, Food or heavy engineering environment
- Experience of general maintenance work.
- You should have a positive approach to problem solving a drive for continuous improvement and be focused on self-development.
- Fault diagnostic skills using PLC systems is essential (software and hardware)
- Knowledge of inverter drives, sensors and safety circuits (control methods)
- Machine operation and maintenance, running of process equipment on the manufacturing line.
- To maintain the equipment within their area of responsibility in such a condition that quality standards are maintained.
- To take the necessary corrective actions and report the non-conformities to the Team Leader and the relevant depts.
- To maximise production and minimise spoilage during the manufacturing process.
- To carry out the necessary safe repairs to equipment. Set up checks that may follow maintenance work.
- To maintain the housekeeping in a satisfactory and safe condition throughout the plant.
- To maintain safe working practices and comply with any legal environmental and safety requirements and/or checks.
- On maintenance days, carry out the repairs, preventive maintenance, etc. as directed by the Engineering Dept.
- Use of ancillary equipment i.e. fork trucks (following RTITB training)
- To promote quality improvement and preventative actions by involvement in continuous improvement activities to meet the key performance objectives and targets.
- Fork truck driving (when licensed); line duties i.e.: scrap bins, warehouse duties i.e.: stacking pallets or loading lorries, depal servicing and offloading incoming materials.
- Assisting in the maintaining of the production flow throughout the manufacturing process.
- Risk assess all proposed mechanical and electrical work to ensure that the work can be and is done safely.
- Safe fault finding and tuning of electrical/electronic equipment to ensure the safe and efficient running of the manufacturing process.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77558777