Senior Staff Engineer, RFIC / MMIC
Senior Staff Engineer / Electronics / Semiconductor / RF / RFIC / MMIC / Electronic Engineering
Senior Staff Engineer with 15+ years' of IC design experience within the semiconductor industry and a degree in Electronics, Physics or similar is needed for our client, a leading fabless provider and manufacturer of high-performance, integrated RF solutions to be based in Theale (near Reading).
They are the founder of RF silicon on insulator (SOI) and have been developing new leading-edge technology to solve the RF market's biggest challenges. With products that deliver best-in-class performance and monolithic integration, their product portfolio is the trusted choice for market leaders in automotive, broadband, industrial, military, mobile devices, smartphones, space, test-and-measurement equipment and wireless infrastructure.
They are a looking for a Senior Staff Engineer to focus on the research and development of high performance RF / MMICs ranging from 2 to 60 GHz. You will do concept and feasibility study, design and develop RF / MMIC circuit blocks, and be involved in their design and simulation at both the block level and top-level.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Product Design and Evaluation: Schematic Capture, IC layout, Simulation, Package Analysis, Evaluation Board Design, Design Validation
- Product Documentation
- Define, conduct and analyse data from product performance characterisation
- Project Management
- BSc (Hons) or higher in Electronics, Physics or related disciplines
- 15+ years of IC design experience within the semiconductor industry
Skills / Knowledge required:
- S parameter design and measurement methods and Matching techniques
- Transistor level IC design and layout in bulk CMOS, SOI or SiGe processes
- RF and MMIC design - RF switches, power amplifiers, LNA, mixers, couplers, combiners.
- Knowledge of IC fabrication and how this impacts circuit performance
- Good understanding of non-linear effects in transistors.
- Knowledge of basic Analog Bias and control circuits and their impact on overall RF system
- Analog & RF IC layout skills
- Ability to work with Ambiguity
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions
- Knowledge of High frequency Power Amplifier, LNA, Active Mixers, Coupler, Combiner
- Software tools: Virtuoso, Cadence Spectre, Keysight ADS, HFSS, Momentum
- RF system knowledge
- Design experience in different technologies GaAs, GaN, SiGe and understanding comparative advantage and tradeoffs in between
- EM (Electromagnetic) modelling experience
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new tools and techniques
The Company's unique technology and potential for professional advancement make this an excellent career opportunity for innovative and goal-oriented individuals.
If this sounds of interest, click the APPLY button below now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77591138