Graduate Marketing Technical Analyst
Our Digital Analytics team is rapidly expanding – we’re on the lookout for intelligent, data-loving and logical candidates to join us now or in Summer 2018!
Our team structure allows you to get hands on experience with different analytics, ad tech and marketing tools and drive insight and performance for our clients. On any given day, you could be working with a global ecommerce brand in the morning and a local services consultancy in the afternoon.
Our teams use a multitude of digital tools on behalf of businesses to help them understand the performance of their digital marketing, websites, apps, and anything else digitally connected. Digital data can be used simply to measure what’s happening, but its true value arises when the data is used to gain insights in to how the business ticks and to inform improvements to processes and service offerings.
Life as a Graduate Marketing Technical Analyst
You will get your hands dirty from day one as you begin our fantastic training programme. In hardly any time, you’ll be an expert in our field and your role will cover the full spectrum of analytical and technical solutions work:
- Devising tracking and reporting frameworks that provide data to a wide range of digital platforms
- Analytics services - Google Analytics (GA), Adobe Analytics and GA for Firebase
- Ad tech - Google’s DoubleClick platform
- Data Management Platforms (DMPs) - Salesforce DMP, Adobe Audience Manager etc.
- Implementation of these plans using tag management tools such as Google Tag Manager (GTM), Tealium and Adobe Launch.
- Liaison with our client’s developers to implement on-site data layers that support our data collection activities.
- Working with APIs to integrate datasets and build reporting and visualisation platforms.
- Support of A/B testing build work using customer experience optimization tools such as Optimizely, Optimize and VWO.
- Hands on analysis of our client’s data to surface actionable insight regarding their website and marketing performance.
- Building and maintaining client relationships through day to day account management, both written and via face to face contact.
- Developing scripts and plugins to solve tracking issues.
- Improving our techniques, processes and quality assurance.
- Working autonomously and as a team, with time management a critical attribute.
This means that a typical day will have a good balance of coding, writing, talking, data and learning new stuff.
What we are looking for in you
We’re looking for a:
- University Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Logical thinker
- Good attention to detail
- Developing websites or applications (even if it’s just your hobby!)
Essentially, we’re looking for intelligent, data-loving, coding obsessed, logical candidates!
GA is our primary tool of choice so knowledge of the platform is great, but not required (you can always do research before the interview!).
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katherine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down!
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Merkle | Periscopix are proud to have consistently featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For. We take great pride in this as it’s awarded as a result of employee feedback – we’re committed to maintaining a positive and enjoyable workplace.
To apply for the role:
Click on the apply button below.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/77584638