Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
TrimTots C.I.C. is a new and exciting organziation that merges art and science to improve health and wellbeing in the under fives. The company is poised to roll out Planet Munch, The Healthy Lifestyle Programme for Preschool Children and their families.
Your help is needed to promote our growth and development. The post-holder will identify, evaluate and tender for new services and apply for relevant grant opportunities, either as a sole provider or in partnership with other organisations. This will involve, strategic networking and partnership building to establish and maintain networks in all sectors; develop and grow working partnerships; engage potential purchasers and identify opportunities to promote TrimTots and widen its reach.You will need to identify new funding opportunities, liaise with commissioners and work with the Directors to compile and submit tenders. You will be part of an enthusiastic and dynamic team working at the forefront of health innovation.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Type: 1 year contract
Location: Bloomsbury area, London
Reports to: Company Directors
Salary: £33,000 per annum (pro-rata) + up to 20% performance related bonus
Working Hours: 0.6 FTE (3 days per week)
- To support TrimTots C.I.C.’s growth.
- To identify, evaluate and tender for viable new services and apply for relevant grant opportunities, as a sole provider and in partnership with other organisations.
Strategic networking and partnership building
- Establish and maintain effective external networks within the public, private and voluntary sectors, working with the company Directors as required.
- Identify compatible organisations within the public, private and voluntary sectors and develop and maintain effective working partnerships to bid for and deliver consortium projects.
- Engage Local Authority Public Health Teams and Clinical Commissioning Group commissioners and other potential purchasers of TrimTots services.
- Identify key showcasing opportunities and networking events, representing the company and widening reach.
- Keep abreast of national policy and guidance, identifying trends and potential opportunities for growth and development.
Tendering for Public Sector Contracts
- Monitor public sector tendering portals for suitable opportunities e.g. 0-5 healthy weight contracts, Tier 2 weight management services for children contracts, health and wellbeing contracts, Healthy Child Programme contracts etc.
- Identify new relevant tendering opportunities to support the delivery of the Business Plan.
- Attend market consultation and bidding briefing events.
- Liaise with commissioners to seek information / clarification during the tender process.
- Undertake project planning for the business model and pricing of tender submissions, working with Directors.
- Lead on the preparation and writing of tenders working with external partners as needed, in collaboration with the Directors.
- Develop and maintain a suite of standard documentation and templates to support tenders.
- Produce and submit high quality bids, pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders.
- Seek and collate feedback and evaluations for all tenders and bids submitted, and apply learning for all future bids.
Bidding for grant and other funding opportunities
- Research and identify relevant grant and other suitable funding opportunities to support the delivery of the Business Plan.
- Undertake project planning for the business model and pricing of grant applications
- Lead on the preparation of grant applications working with external partners as needed, in collaboration with Directors.
General responsibilities for all staff
- Build respectful relationships, and being willing to adapt it when necessary.
- Work effectively as a member of the team by consulting and sharing information with colleagues, managing your time to meet deadlines and preparing for meetings.
- Comply with all organisational policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as negotiated with the post holder.