Learning Support Assistant (Maths)
Learning Support Assistant (Maths): South West London - Starting Immediately -
A Secondary School in West London are looking to appoint an Academic Learning Support Assistant (LSA) specialising in Maths to join their staff and provide cross curriculum support to students across Key Stages 3-5.
This school offers a welcoming and supportive learning environment and are dedicated to inclusion. The role will involve working within the SEN department and in collaboration with Subject Teachers. Successful candidates will be required to provide both in class and one-to-one support to a range of mixed ability students.
Experience supporting students with a variety of Special Educational Needs and Behavioural Difficulties is ideal. This position offers a real scope for training and professional development as well as an opportunity to make a real contribution to the education of students.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Be educated to a degree level in Mathematics or equivalent
- Must be able to work in a team - interact with staff and students, build long-lasting relationships
- Must have proven experience working with young people in a secondary school setting
- Previously supported students with SEN
- Be committed, flexible and able to use own initiative
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Have good knowledge of the UK national curriculum for KS3-5
You will receive free, CPD training, as well as enjoy working with top rated secondary schools. Moreover you will be working with your own dedicated consultant from HAYS, who hold the DfE Quality Mark.
If you feel you are suited to this role or wish to enquire to find out about other Teaching Assistant jobs in the London area, please send your CV to Kavita Amin.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77592294