Financial Analyst - Television
We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst to join a leading television distribution company. Due to an exciting period of growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Financial Analyst to join the Finance department in this newly created commercial role.
The main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Cash Flow Modelling
- Owning the full monthly cash flow model and cash inputs to the Month End Reporting Pack.
- Completing the Budget and Forecast cash flow models to a two year horizon.
- Identifying forecast gaps in funding and working with company's sales ledger manager and the operational teams to seek savings or fulfil funding requirements.
- Monitoring currency movements and trends, forecasting currency gains and losses and carrying out sensitivity analysis.
- Contributing general cash flow analysis to operational review papers and other presentations.
- Ad hoc reporting to senior management and Group analysts on cash queries.
- Working with the Head of Rights & Royalties to model quarterly royalty payments.
- Liaising with the Acquisitions team to maintain a forecast of advance royalty payments.
- Supporting the management of advances to budget and helping to optimise the mix.
- Managing the advance approval process and authorising payments to producers.
- Providing analysis on the profile of royalties and advances paid or forecast for operational review papers.
- Working with other members of Finance and the operational teams to maintain a long range forecast of cash inflows based on debtors, the sales pipeline and other forecast sales.
- Modelling funding for acquisitions and supporting decisions on suitable funding models.
- Identifying key debtors and ensuring cash is received on time.
- Working with the sales ledger manager to ensure the flow of receipts is maintained.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have experience in financial modelling - experience of investment analysis or bid modelling would be an advantage.
- Advanced Excel skills a must, as well as being comfortable working with large volumes of data.
- Experience in television distribution/licensing environment preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77580524