We are looking for a SQL Server developer with experience of the full development lifecycle from client requirements specification through design and development to client acceptance testing.
This person will initially assist our client's existing small development team in systems upgrade and development projects for their major blue chip clients but it is envisaged that the role could ultimately expand for the right candidate into a Development Team Leader role.
* Experienced Microsoft SQL Server SQL, SSIS and SSRS development specialist (Versions 2008R2 and above)
* Comfortable working with large SQL server databases (100 million rows+) and complex business requirements and be able to deliver accurate reports.
* Comfortable with complex SSIS systems and complex TSQL
* Comfortable working independently from specification documents but know when to ask and seek clarification from project leaders.
* VB.NET skills
* Experience dealing with logistics type datasets
* Experience in system testing and test documentation, including System Test Plans and Reports
* Demonstrable experience of high volume solution delivery in the Microsoft SQL Server Toolset is essential and in addition certification in MS SQL Server would be desirable.
* A self-starter who will bring existing technical and process quality support experience to the team.
* Effective multi-tasker with good prioritisation skills
* Has mature and proactive challenging approach to both technical and process improvements for the benefit of peers and the wider team.
* Confident in front of the client and participating in meetings/conference calls to:
o obtain clarification of their business requirement
o outline proposed system solutions
o provide delivery progress and schedule updates
o manage and report progress throughout Client System Integration and User Acceptance Stages of their delivery
Based in Chesterfield - hours of work 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday. Great company to work for with an impressive client base.
Interested? Click Aply Now and send your CV!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77593568