We are currently looking for a Developer to design, implement, develop and maintain systems to NCO requirements and specifications.
NCO Europe is an industry leader in providing clients with successful business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions. Our outstanding portfolio includes accounts receivable management, customer management services, and back office services for a diversified customer base.
Our European Headquarters are based in Preston (PR1 1HJ) and this new 7 storey office building acts as the centre for our pan European operations
- A minimum of 2 years previous programming/work related experience required
- University degree or equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Programming awareness pf .Net development including competence in the following:
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio2008 (or above) and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (or above) required.
- Understanding of C#.Net and Transact-SQL (T-SQL) including stored procedures is required.
- Competent with Object oriented code development preferred and source control and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) required.
- Programming expertise in Reporting including competence in the following:
- Knowledge of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) layer architecture to transform and load data into database for end use.
- Experience in creating SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports, modifying and creating SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages, moving data to and from disparate source systems, Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) and database integrity concepts, and mid and large range database scalability, performance, security, and maintainability.
- Understanding of building software using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) preferred.
- Experience working with Crystal Reports 10.0 and/or Business Objects 3.1.
- Ability to understand and work within set deadlines.
- Ability to work with geographically disbursed team members.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team fostered environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
- Ability to think outside the box and provide end to end solutions.
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Degree level desirable
- Ability to follow change control process
- High level of written and verbal communication
We also offer the following benefits:
- Access to PerkBox for ALL employees to gain access to nationwide benefits such as discounts at restaurants, supermarkets, health clubs, online retail outlets and much more
- Contributory pension plan (after 3 months employment)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Child care vouchers
- 28 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
- Excellent canteen facilities with free touch screen internet access.
- Superb progression opportunities throughout the company
- Subsidised bus passes
If you believe that you have the required skills and live in the north west of England or are willing to relocate to the area then please forward your CV and a cover note to our recruitment inbox via the link below. We strive to reply to every applicant however if you have not heard with us within 2 weeks of your submittal then you have not been successful.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Employer reserves the right to modify this job description, including by adding, removing, and altering job duties.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77534587