AJ Chambers are recruiting on behalf of a well-established firm, based in Willingham, Cambridge. This firm are seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their progressive and expanding team. This role is to assist in the preparation of accounts and provide a hands-on compliance role that meets or exceeds client expectations and supports the partner/manager team.
- Assists in the preparation of accounts for companies, partnership and sole traders.
- Works within budgets set at the planning stage.
- Working with other team members to prepare accounts
- Ensures the efficient use of appropriate software packages internally and supporting clients' accounting systems.
- Maintains up to date understanding of client's business.
- Maintains good working relationships with client staff.
- Various bookkeeping duties.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of preparation of corporation tax returns.
- Experience of preparation of personal tax returns.
- Experience of working with an external client base.
- Experience of assisting in the preparation of client accounts.
- Experience of using Microsoft packages, internet, email and computerised accounts packages.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Experience in accounting software (IRIS and Xero)
If you are interested in this Accounts Assistant role, please apply direct or contact Beth Herbert at AJ Chambers.