Field Service Engineer
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Engineer to join our global based employer. This opportunity would see the chosen Field Service Engineer providing an exceptional customer installation and service coverage throughout the UK, Europe and North/South America. You will be working for a market leading organisation who supply, install and maintain true state of the art systems for their blue-chip clients. The company operate a friendly family orientated culture, with an understanding and flexible approach to the role, you will be well managed, with a caring and supportive team and senior managers. If you are looking to work on hi-tech electro/mechanical equipment, in a friendly and supportive business with international travel – with all travel, accommodation and living expenses completely covered, then please apply for an immediate response.
- Endeavour to get customers operational in as short a time as possible, utilise technical experience from head office or from existing site team where necessary
- Fault finding with relation to control panel issues where safe to do so
- Fault finding with relation to plant process issues
- Fault finding in relation to premature wear
- Take a pro-active approach to visiting customers carrying out service visits and offering advice where possible, follow up on previous reports or visits.
- Ensure all customers in your geographic area are visited or contacted as per agreed annual targets.
- Take ownership of any problems you are involved with ensuring any actions for design, technical or otherwise are in hand and completed.
- Advise and train plant operators and maintenance personnel as to correct and proper operation and maintenance.
- Ensure customer or key stakeholders are advised of inadequate housekeeping and maintenance.
- Upsell company spares and service packages where possible and appropriate, advise on holding of recommended spares list
- Feedback and follow up on required plant alterations and standard design and technical alterations both for specific customer problems and general continuous improvements.
- Apply the minimum quality and environmental standards required under ISO 9001 and 14001 and the company quality and environmental standards
- Electrical / Mechanical apprentice trained.
- Experience in MS Office particularly Word & Excel.
- You will have either been a factory based technician or been a service engineer or been in the armed forces.
- Basic H & S qualifications for site works
- Manual Handling training
- Good planning & Organising Skills
- Effective communicator – verbally and through reports
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Builds relationships quickly
- Fit and capable of lifting articles as required for the job
- Fit and capable of climbing ladders and working at heights
- Clean current driving license
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77588951