Cloud Solutions Architect
Cloud Solutions Architect
Location: Home Based - South East
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
The Cloud Solutions Architect will work alongside the sales team to gain new customers as well as increase penetration into existing customer accounts by using innovative and creative technical solutions. They will ensure effective, pre-sales and solutions support across all our Indirect and Direct Sales channels by providing technical expertise across a wide range of cloud solutions products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the development of business opportunities in conjunction with the sales team. Where appropriate provide consultancy to aid customers in the development of their cloud, managed data and voice requirements
- Understand the customer requirement and by using knowledge of the company’s products and services translate these requirements into functional, effective and appropriate solutions
- Providing Technical Sales Support for Bids and Proposals for Customers
- Producing functional design documentation for handover to engineering teams
- To validate appropriate order/solution documentation initiated by sales prior to submission to the build team. OR in the case of projects: To brief the Project team to ensure they are able and equipped to deliver the solution
- Ensuring that customer solutions remain fit for purpose throughout their lifecycle by conducting regular customer reviews and initiating appropriate change
- To keep the customer aware of emerging technologies, products and services developed by the business
- Provide product knowledge transfer to other members of the sales organisation to enhance their ability to use products to create customer solutions
You will be working directly with a wide array of customers across private and public sectors therefore you will possess excellent client facing skills and be able to adopt a commercial, consultative approach.
The position will cover a wide ranging product set within the cloud space, with specific focus on AWS, therefore you will need to be experienced in Pre-Sales within these technologies have expertise in the following areas:
- Current experience in traditional infrastructure and technology solution delivery, as well as AWS Solution Architecture.
- Strong understanding of Core AWS services & APIs and with experience in designing and moving workloads to managed private and public clouds. Good knowledge on AWS products (EC2, S3, DynamoDB, CloudFront CDN, Relational Database Services, etc.)
- Review solution proposals and scope projects to ensure that business needs are being met
- Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on AWS platform
- Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging computing trends
- Strong communication skills - ability to conduct presentations, whiteboard, engage with C level executives and sharing technical best practices and insights.
- Voice networking experience including: PABX, Voice signalling protocols, IN Services and VoIP and SIP trunking.
- Data networking (WAN and LAN) experience desirable, including a good knowledge of the data market and available technologies.
- Excellent presentation skills required to undertake training delivery and the ability to present to all levels.
- Excellent customer facing skills and the ability to present at senior levels.
- Written presentation skills in producing Technical Sales proposals.
- High-level solution thinking and business process understanding, producing effective solutions
- An ability to work closely with sales executives, with a proven knowledge of the sales cycle
- Consultative approach to providing customer solutions and design
- Home based role with frequent travel nationwide.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77563242