Junior Developer - IT
£18,000 - £22,000pa + Excellent Benefits and career path
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a relatively inexperienced technology enthusiast who would like to further their career in developing business solutions using state-of-the-art Microsoft technologies. Our client will provide the necessary training and guidance to support the individual's career development. This is likely to be a graduate or someone with a few years experience in information technology who can demonstrate an interest in engineering. This does not necessarily have to be IT related but for example could demonstrate interest in say; mechanical, electronic or civil engineering
Duties for the Junior Developer role:-
* Support the development of the One World platform and the business solutions created on this platform. This will include; creating and configuring the respective Microsoft technologies, specifying XML/XSD/XSLT, form development, developing web services and document patterns using .net/C# and developing web forms.
* You will be expected to engage in the full development lifecycle of business solutions based on the One World platform, from creating outline requirements, developing site and form prototypes, through to the testing and implementation of completed business solutions.
* You will be required to be self-driven in extending your IT knowledge and have an exceptional interest in developing technology, using complex business platforms to realise business requirement. You will therefore have good analytical and problem solving skills as well as being able to organise and manage project deliverables.
* You will need to be able to formulate requirement and frequently work unattended in delivering project deliverables.
Skills and Experience required for the Junior Developer role:-
Although not essential any experience in the following would be an advantage:
* Microsoft SharePoint;
* Microsoft BizTalk;
* Microsoft SQL Server;
* XML Standards, including XSD creation and maintenance, XSLT;
* Microsoft Office Applications, with particular skills and expertise in Microsoft InfoPath;
* Web services;
* .Net and C# programming
The candidate should:
* Have a good command of English both oral and written;
* Be a good team player, sharing and working collectively with all stakeholders and team members;
* Be a thought leader, quickly understanding challenges presented and offering solutions with clear justification for recommendation;
* Have the ability to liaise with both external and internal parties in a professional and eloquent manner striving for total customer satisfaction;
Knowledge of supply chain processes although not essential would also be an advantage.
Hours and benefits for the Junior Developer role:
9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
20 days holiday rising with service up to 25 days
Discounted Private Healthcare
Eye Care Vouchers
Annual salary review
On-site parking facilities
IF YOU HAVE THE REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE PLEASE APPLY VIA THIS WEBSITE WITH YOUR CV IN WORD FORMAT
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77579530