Vehicle Engineering Coordinator
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of vehicle attributes and engineering.
• Support/conduct whole vehicle, attribute and system benchmarking and help to generate appropriate targets for the product
• Assist with the development and maintenance of the Vehicle Technical Specification
• Manage and run Vehicle Integration Team meetings to support and track delivery of the vehicle attributes
• Work with the relevant departments to plan and execute prototype builds including number of vehicles, specification and prototype commodity plans to ensure builds are fit for purpose
• Assist in concern resolution with engineering and attribute teams including regular reviews and reporting as required
• Assist with drive assessments as required
• Support PMT / PMST meetings as required acting as the voice of Vehicle Engineering
• Attend and present in Technical Forums, programme PSTs, and other programme reviews as required
• Act as stand-in for the VEM and VEL when required
• Automotive or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
• Whole vehicle or complex system programme coordination / management experience.
• Extensive knowledge of whole vehicle attributes.
• Experience in component design, development and sign off.
• Expert user of Microsoft Office tools particularly PowerPoint and Excel
• Confident and authoritative presentation skills.
• Should be self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Passionate about the product promoting pride throughout the programme.
• Able to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business.
• Full valid UK driving license.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77577298