Fibre PONS Engineer - Essex
My Client, who have been established for over 30 years and are leaders in System Design and Delivery of Fibre and Structured Cabling currently have a key requirement for 4 Fibre PONS Engineer to work in Essex.
As a Fibre PONS Engineer you will be:
- Fibre cabling and Fusion splicing
- Fibre blowing
- PON Engineers
- Providing high level customer services
- Scoping & planning also studying underground and cable services plans
- Submit all test results on time
- Identifying and splicing fibre in pick up nodes
- Creating mini nodes outside customer
- Installing Straight Joints (Clip Joints)
- Installing Fibre Dropped Cables (overhead fibre cables)
- Power meter testing (1310/1550)
- Splicing fibres through existing nodes
- Creating and splicing Nodes
- Creating Blown Fibre Tube joints or intercepting existing tubing
- OTDR and ILM testing - test and measure fibre optic loss
All applicants will be required to have:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be able to listen and follow instructions, also use own initiative.
- Be physically fit and be able to cope with the demands of the job
- Strong industry knowledge and experience.
As a Telecoms/Fibre Engineer you need:
- A valid CSCS or ECS card
- BT accreditation's are a must A008,E001,A012
- Full Driving License B, B+E, C, C+E (Clean)
- DBS clearance, if you do not have one you will be put through a DBS check.
- SWQR Card Holder - Street Works Qualification
- NRSWA accreditation's - New Roads and Street Works Act - (advantageous not essential)
- IPAF, Asbestos and Confined Space tickets (advantageous not essential)
This is a permanent position, paying £30,000. Salary increases of up to £32,500 following reviews.
Full time position, Monday - Friday + occasional overtime.
This position comes with a Van, Fuel, Tools, Paid Holiday and Company Pension.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77583514