Cyber Security Manager - Hertfordshire
Cyber Security Manager - Hertfordshire - APTs Strategy, Security architect, Advanced Persistent Threats, HMG Products NCSC, Stakeholder Management
Outsource UK's Cyber Team are looking to hire a UK Cyber Security Manager, with an excellent track record of securing a large multinational defence organisation from cyber threats. You will have overall responsibility for Cyber Security and will manage security and architecture, as well as deciding what tools, processes and procedures are followed to secure this business from APTs.
You will have overall responsibility for cyber and will manage the different internal and external relationships including NCSC, European divisions, customer relationships and internal stakeholders. You will understand international cyber governance and compliance and will be able to manage these risks effectively for the UK.
This is a varied role, with responsibility for creating the cyber protection framework, being responsible for breaches and threat remediation activities, cyber awareness within the business and managing external relationships.
You will be the Cyber SME and will come back a technical background - this organisation doesn't use 3rd parties to deliver cyber services so you will have the technical knowledge required to decide on the best products, tools and processes for the business.
Key Skills required -
- Established external networks including government-level networks
- Detailed knowledge of NCSC, HMG and MoD policies for classified information systems
- Broad knowledge of the available HMG approved IT security products and their application
- Understanding of IT network architectures, application security, firewall configuration and OS hardening
- Ability to provide solutions aligned to business processes and emerging priorities
- Experience of enterprise information systems within a defence context
- Ability to articulate security solutions to complex problems and provide clear advice directly to key stakeholders at all levels.
- Ideally, knowledge and contact with National Cyber Security Centre and associated working groups
- Experience of IT outsourcing contracts and their management
- Knowledge of Industrial Control Systems and their security vulnerabilities
- Experience of security measures relating to General Infrastructure Management Systems (Building Management Systems)
- Strong management and interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively contribute and lead within a cross functional department
- Ability to hold Developed Vetting level of security clearance.
You will be a senior manager of a small team of technical cyber experts, working within a larger security team who are motivated and enthusiastic with a great work ethic and strong team spirit. This is a great working environment, with a fluid security environment dealing with national and international policy changes. You will be a highly influential figure within the team.
The role is offering a great salary, and exceptional bonus and benefits package. You will need to secure a high level security Clearance prior to starting this role.
The role is based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire and is easily commutable from Cambridge, Milton Keynes, St Albans, Essex and Aylesbury
If you are a contractor or candidate within the Cyber community, either apply online or if would like to find out about other Cyber opportunities please contact Rosie Anderson (nee Turner) on or phone 01782 571931
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77559270